23 Jan 2013

Blueberry Streusel Muffins


Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my 75th post... I wanted to put up something special......... and special to me, means something from the cake family.... Yes! this is a blueberry muffin with a streusel topping.... (Though I'm an ardent fan of plain cakes, I made this one on an extra special note.... doesn't that sound interesting?) 

I'm very new to baking, but whenever I bake, I completely lose myself in it... and love it to the core.... I feel  that it always elevates my spirit and makes me alive... Now I feel for not getting into baking all these years... and never again to slip any chance of getting into this act....

The original recipe is here. I've just made the streusel lighter by adding in more flour to have a crispy top and an airy spongy bottom.... 

Look, how gorgeous they are even before getting into the oven...


 You will need..........

For the muffin base...

Flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Egg - 1
Milk - 1/3 cup
Oil - 1/3 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Blueberry - 3/4 cup (I used the frozen ones)


For the topping....

Butter - 1/4 cup (cubed)
Flour - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tbsp
Just out of the oven......


Get going..........

Start by making the muffin batter... Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add sugar to it and whisk with a fork. In a 1 cup measuring cup, lightly whisk the egg, pour in milk and oil to fill the entire cup and then add it to the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Now gently fold in the blueberries into the batter. Fill them into prepared muffin tray. Let them sit waiting to be topped up....

For the streusel, take flour, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Throw in the cubed butter over them. Work with your finger tips until the mixture resembles a bread crumb texture. Fill them over the muffin batter.


Place the tray in the middle rack of a preheated oven, and bake them for about 20-25 mins until done. Remove and cool them on a wire rack before storing them in containers...


Enjoy them warm... just as they are, or drizzle them with syrup for an additional taste....!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...