12 Nov 2012

Zebra Cake (No Eggs, No Butter)


I've been waiting for month's and finally the day came when I took it out of my oven............ It had those lines on it.... smelled divine............ wondering what???? It is my Zebra cake. I was very much taken aback by this cake at its very first sight... and badly wanted to bake it. Since it needed cocoa (and me not being a chocolaty person) I just postponed it. But soon after trying moist chocolate cake, the next thing I wanted to make is this Zebra cake and it came out quite well for a first timer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Firstly, I had only raw sugar at hand and it changed the colour of my vanilla lining with brown tint.... making the lines less distinct. But still Zebra is Zebra... but a faintly striped one ;-) Secondly, I should have waited until the cake completely cooled down.... Check out here for the recipe source.




You will need..........

Flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Curd - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
Oil - 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Milk - 5 tbsp


Get going..........

  1. In a bowl, take curd along with sugar and salt. Stir until its dissolved completely. 
  2. Add baking powder and soda. Mix it and leave aside for 3 min. It becomes frothy. 
  3. Then add oil and vanilla. Mix gently.
  4. Slowly fold in the sieved flour into it. Do not overmix. Batter is now ready.
  5. Take cocoa powder in a bowl and mix it with 4 tbsp milk without any lumps. Now add in half the batter to this mixture.
  6. To the remaining batter add 4 tbsp of milk. Mix it.
  7. In a prepared baking tin, alternate 1 tbsp of batter with the other starting with the vanilla until finished.
  8. Bake it for 35 min in 180 deg until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  9. Cool it in the tin for 15 min before inverting. Then slice it after it completely cools down.

Enjoy this piece of scrumptious dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...