21 Nov 2012

Paneer Tikka


Paneer is one of my most favourite dishes.... I encountered paneer only a decade back when we were on a trip to Pondi.... At first I was hesitant thinking it might taste like some root veggie.... but was persuaded by my uncle to have a bite..... after which I completely fell in love with this whityyyyy..... Though I've not tried out this tikka till now... it was always on my to-do list...... and finally the day came when I purchased the skewers and pushed them into the oven..... I adapted from in Rak's kitchen.... my favourite blog spot.... 



You will need...........

Paneer - 200gm (cut into cubes)
Capsicum - 1 (cut into squares)
Mushroom - 2 (quartered)
Onion - 1 (cut into squares)
Skewers - 4
For marination
Curd - 4 tbsp 
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp




Get going..........
  1. Mix all the ingredients given under 'for marinate' without any lumps.
  2. Coat all the pieces well and refrigerate atleast for 2 hours.
  3. Then insert the pieces alternating each other in a skewer dipped in water (to avoid blackening).
  4. Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 20 mins.

Serve hot with chutney and raw onions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note:
- Do not bake it for long time as the paneer pieces will turn rubbery.
- Rotate the skewers for even browning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...