Today I saw the movie 'You've got mail'..... it was recommended by one of my friends..... and yes it is worth the watch. Now onto the recipe..... This is one of my favorite dish as it needs not much preparation and can be made in a jiffy. But the taste would never be compromising at all. It almost goes with any main course.... The original recipe was from Tickling Palates.
You will need...........
Capsicum - 2 (chopped into squares)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Peanuts - 4 tbsp (roasted and coarsely ground)
Sambhar powder - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Temper it with mustard, urad, cumin and curry leaves.
- Add the onions and saute it for 2 mins.
- Then add in the capsicum and cook until almost done.
- Now add the sambhar powder along with salt and give a good stir. Cook for a few mins.
- Finally add in the peanut powder and switch off.
That's it..... enjoy it with any of your main course items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You can add in all the capsicum colours. Personally I do not recommend the red one... as I feel it carries a
slightly tangy taste.
- Take care that you do not burn the onions or capsicum while cooking..... as they might alter its taste and