26 Oct 2012

Paruppu Thogayal


This is one of the simplest and the yummiest combinations with rasam.... But today I wanted to make it along with Poondu Kuzhambu and it went along well.... We loved it. Normally I do not add coconut to any of my recipes.... but you can try this one along with a tablespoon or a handful of coconut gratings and I swear it would turn divine.  

You will need..........

Toor dhal - 1/2 cup
Dry red Chilli - 3
Garlic - 3 pods (small)
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - as needed

Get going.........
  1. Heat a kadai with a tsp of oil.
  2. Roast the red chillies and toor dhal until golden brown. Let it cool completely.
  3. Grind it along with garlic pods and salt.
  4. After grinding it to a coarse powder, add water and grind it into smooth paste.
Notes:
- You can add a curry leaves while roasting and grind it together. It enhances the flavour.
- You can even store it as paruppu podi without adding water to it while grinding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...