19 Sept 2012

Eggless Pumpkin Loaf


Pumpkin loaf is one of the recipes I wanted to try for a long time... and now that I've made puree last week I  wanted to try my hands on it. Normally I avoid using eggs in my bakes, so I tried out the eggless version from Gayathri's blog. Instead of baking it into a cake, I made them loaves.... just for a change:-)


You will need...........

Pumpkin puree - 3/4 cup
Flour - 1 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup
Curd - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup (or even lesser but powder it)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Get going..........

  1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla, curd and milk. Mix well. Then add in the pumpkin puree.
  2. In another bowl, sift flour along with baking powder and baking soda.
  3. Now mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until just combined. Do not overmix.
  4. Pour it in prepared loaf tins and bake them in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 mins till a tooth pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
  5. Cool on a wire rack and slice it.

Have it along with coffee and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...